Saturday, November 22, 2008

Charlie Weis's Resignation Speech

Jason Whitlock was more right than I was. He was right for all the wrong reasons, but he was still right. Charlie Weis will not make it at Notre Dame. That's obvious.

That's why I have written Charlie up a resignation letter. It looks an awful lot like his hiring speech.

"Ladies and gentlemen, right now we're a 6-5 football team. That's not good enough for you, and it's certainly not good enough for me. And that's why I'm resigning."

"The attitude of the head coach has been permeated through the players. We couldn't get up for a Senior Day with a New Year's Day game on the line. Our guys ran out of the tunnel and didn't look like they gave a shit. And they didn't play like they did either."

"If you hired me here to go .500, you got the wrong guy. I'm resigning so you can get the right one."

No comments: