Saturday, January 10, 2009

Divisional Playoff Weekend

Well, this should be fun.

Ravens at Titans (4:30 pm, CBS)

This is probably the game I'm least sure about for the weekend. The Ravens' defense is really, really good, but I don't trust rookie quarterbacks on the road in the playoffs. Ed Reed is ridiculous. This is all stuff you've heard before.

If you make me pick someone, I'm taking the Titans. I think Kerry Collins will do just enough to win, and I'll take Chris Johnson to have a decent game against Baltimore's D, which is about as good as you can ask anyone to be. That one is about to start. We shall see. As I type this, Pac-Man Jones is on the CBS pregame show to talk about his being 'wronged' by ESPN, and he looks a little like Kimbo Slice. Without the giant beard anyway.

Cardinals at Panthers (8 pm, Fox)

This is my team - the Panthers. And I'm nervous. Everyone in the world thinks Carolina's going to kill the Cardinals because of their 8-0 home record, because of the Cardinals' East Coast ineptitude, and because of our running game. In my experience, when there's an on-paper playoff mismatch, it never turns out that way (18-0 Patriots, for example).

However, I still think the Panthers win. I'm just a little nervous that everyone thinks the game is over already, that's all.

I'll be back later today most likely with a post about today's college hoops action.

1 comment:

tjdhoopman said...

Nice work man, keep it up.